Executive Coaching is a professional relationship that enhances the client’s ability to learn, make changes, and achieve desired goals.
1-2-1 Executive Coaching is appropriate for individual contributors through executive level personnel – the critical component is that they must be committed to growth and development and be willing to take action.
As coaches, we help the client get clear about what they want to accomplish, set specific goals, make an effective action plan, stay focused, and eliminate obstacles.
Throughout the relationship, we will prioritize, plan, analyze, troubleshoot, and brainstorm. We will provide structure, feedback, perspective, skill-building techniques, and ask thought-provoking questions. With the client, we will evaluate options, make decisions, track progress, and celebrate achievements.
Executive Coaching is not consulting, although it is consultative. Traditional consulting offers answers and expertise. Coaching facilitates discovery by assisting the client to find their own unique answers. We will provide our own expertise whenever it is useful, but we will never do things for the client. As the mentor, our primary role is to listen, question, observe, pinpoint, re-frame, and articulate what we hear. The plans client make are their own.
Executive Coaching unlocks a person’s potential to maximize their own performance. The structure is flexible. We will custom-design an arrangement that meets each client’s individual needs and schedule. The basic design consists of:
- Creating and aligning goals
- Regular on-going development sessions (in person or by phone)
- 24×7 phone and email access
Executive Coaching sessions usually last one hour and are held 2-4 times per month, however the length and frequency is flexible and can be revised to best support the client. A session may be focused on one specific challenge or on the broader set of development goals.
- Executive Coaching begins with a minimum four-month commitment. At the conclusion of the four months, a mutual agreement will be made as to whether to extend or terminate the agreement. The nature of the goals and the changes desired will determine the length of time.
- Prior to starting, an agreement will be made regarding the tools to be utilized in this process.
- An Insights Discovery profile is highly recommended as well as 360-feedback data or employee survey data. It is useful in the process to have outside data to work within the sessions and even more importantly it provides a starting point from which to measure progress.
- If additional feedback data isn’t available, we can conduct a 360 feedback review.
“During and after my coaching with Marcia Ellis, I’ve seen positive results in areas of communication, leadership and management. Many of the specific areas identified for development I thought I couldn’t help or change, however the training yielded measurable benefits. The coaching experience has made me a stronger professional and overall better person.”- Matt Buchholz, President & General Manager, MotoRad, of America
“I had the pleasure of first meeting Marcia while attending several of her training/development seminars. Her style was remarkably engaging and the content was both relevant and actionable. I also was fortunate to work with her more closely through a one-on-one coaching/development program. I still reference the skills and tools Marcia helped me discover today. Her dynamic personality, insight, and dedication to her clients needs are exemplary. I hope to work with her again in the future.” Sean Condren, Manager – Vertrue, Inc.
“Marcia is a highly personable, results-oriented career coach with great knowledge and experience. She’s an asset to any organization that utilizes her services.” Rita DiPalma, Vice President, Marketing – Adaptive Marketing, Inc.
For a complimentary one to one Executive Coaching session:
- Call us at 203.856.3577
- Leave a comment on the page and we’ll contact you directly
- Send us an email by clicking the button below